The 2018 Lost Pines Christmas Lighted Christmas Parade
Downtown Bastrop celebrated our biggest Lost Pines Christmas Lighted Christmas Parade to date on Saturday, December 8th! With over 100 entries of floats, decorated vehicles, marching bands, groups and riders, the parade was a delight for all ages. The crowd enjoyed hot cocoa, cookies and treats while huddled along the beautifully decorated windows and trees of Main Street on an especially chilly evening!
This year’s Grand Marshall was Debbie Denny, and Santa made an appearance, compliments of our friends at Bastrop Power and Light. Parade winners include
- Overall Best Lost Pines Christmas (Commercial) – Thomas Turfgrass
- Overall Best Lost Pines Christmas (Noncommercial) – Texas Parks & Wildlife
- Most Beautifully Lighted – Mrs. Purple Urple (Susan Ochoa-Ruiz)
- Most Original – Martin Marietta Bastrop Ready Mix
- Best Lighted Pedestrian Group – Bastrop Honey Bears
- Best Marching Band – Cedar Creek High School “Creek Sound” Marching Band
- Most Festive Group Riders – Horse Group (no form)
- Best Group (15+ people) – Girl Scouts of the Lost Pines
- Best Emergency Vehicle Decoration – Heart of the Pines
- Best Cyclist Decoration – Lost Pines Jeepers
- Best Religious Theme, “Reason for the Season” – Grace Bible Fellowship
Thanks to everyone who came out to light up the night in Downtown Bastrop! We can’t wait for next year!